2015 m. spalio 28 d., trečiadienis

Project partners: DIVERSITYLAND FOUNDATION (Netherlands)

ABOUT ORGANIZATION:

Stichting Diversiteitsland’ (Diversityland Foundation) is a grass-roots consultancy and project organisation. We aim to enhance social inclusion of vulnerable minority-groups. Over the next few years, we plan to organise international activities under the name Social Capital of Minorities in Europe (SCME). Our organisation is based in one of the "focus areas" of the Dutch capital Amsterdam: ‘De Indische Buurt’. This is where most of our activities take place. Our neighbourhood is characterized by a multitude of ethnicities such as Turks, Moroccans and Surinamese and to a lesser extent, Afghans, Somalis, Egyptians, Pakistanis and Ghanaians.

Employees and volunteers of knowledge centres and social work organisations established ‘Stichting Diversiteitsland’ in 2008. They saw a civil society struggling with themes like under-education, passive citizenship, poverty and social exclusion. These issues led to the decision to bundle their experience and advise policymakers on how to use the opportunities created through a culturally diverse society for the general benefit. Especially now the topics of aging and shortages on the labour market are becoming more and more the trend.

For more information about the organization, click here: http://www.diversiteitsland.nl/  or https://www.facebook.com/diversiteitsland/    

TRAINING COURSE PARTICIPANTS:


Yanny Chau

Age: 24

Country: Netherlands

Why have You decided to participate in this project?
Starting an own business is something I always secretly dreamed of, but I was always a little bit scared of the risks so I never thought of pursuing this. Until this year. I lived in Curacao for 7 months (Feb-Aug 2015) where I met a lot of (young) entrepreneurs and I started realizing all the possibilities.

What are Your expectations for the training course?
Although I have experience in the fields of marketing, leadership and social media I would like to learn more about business models/plans and I can’t wait to meet other (young) entrepreneurs to share our passion!  

What superpower would You like to have?
Healing/breathing under water.

Life motto:
“Those who are certain of the outcome can afford to wait, and wait without anxiety.”


Else Borges Dias

Age: 24

Country: Netherlands

Why have You decided to participate in this project?
I work as a part time freelance wedding/partyplanner and one day I want to be the head of my own business. However, I did not major in marketing nor economics, so I lack the basic knowledge which I think is needed to realize this goal.

What are Your expectations for the training course?

The focus of the training course in Cyprus combined with the fact that I will get more familiar with different European cultures makes me eager to participate. I hope that this training course will give me more insight in entrepreneurship.

What superpower would You like to have?
Teleportation.

Life motto:
“If every day you wake up completely in comfort … no butterflies in your stomach… chances are you aren’t doing much of anything”



Siomara Mac Donald

Age: 24

Country: Netherlands

Why have You decided to participate in this project?
Since I did a bachelor in Public Administration I didn’t get much insight in business models and business plans. Exploring and developing myself I now know I want to learn more about businesses and (social) entrepreneurship.

What are Your expectations for the training course?
This project would give me great insight in which business skills are needed to become an entrepreneur. The project focuses on both social skills as networking, teamwork and social entrepreneurship as on more strategic business skills. The training has a great balance between gaining knowledge and getting familiar with different European cultures and people.

What superpower would You like to have?
 Speak every language in the world

Life motto:
He who looks outside dreams, he who looks inside awakes.

For more information about the project, please click here: dorea.org/project/first-step.10.html or www.facebook.com/dorea.org




Komentarų nėra:

Rašyti komentarą